Accomodation & Meals
Luxury Camping Accommodation
Accommodation for the two nights is at the Ridge Top Farm Glamping site.
The country-themed campsite is nestled into a sheltered spot, right next to a pretty wetland with regenerating native bush.
Accommodation & Bed Layout
One large wooden-framed tent with a 24sqm wooden floor space, comfortably sleeps up to 4 people. A old recycled 'Stables' is the second accommodation and comfortably sleeps up to 6.
The large, wooden framed canvas tent will sleep up to 4 people:
- 1 x queen bed
- 1 x day bed (makes either a queen or 2 x singles)
The Stables will sleep up to 6 people in:
- 1 x queen bunk bed with single top bunk
- 1 x single bunk bed
- 1 x single trundle bed
All beds are made up with 100% cotton linen, wool underlays and duvets. Extra woollen blankets are provided. Towels, flannels for each guest and bathroom laundry is also provided.
Ridge Top Farm is completely off-the-grid, so has no electric power source. Energy for hot water and cooking is supplied via LPG gas bottles. Solor power provides the lighting along with battery powered tourches.
- The camp kitchen, covered outdoor BBQ area and camp bathroom are all located in one area approx 10 - 15 metres from the tents.
- There is a metro fireplace to help keep this area warm in the shoulder seasons.
- The camp bathroom has a flushing toilet, sink, a shower and hot water.
- An atmospheric outdoor bath will also have hot running water.
- The camp kitchen is a covered area with a BBQ, sink, hot running water and walk-in pantry that can be securely closed. Plastic containers are supplied for dry food storage. A large chilly-bin which can keep food cold/frozen for up to 3 days is supplied for cool food storage.
- Cooking can be done on either a gas BBQ, gas ring or camp-fire.
- Mobile phone reception is available at the campsite, and guests are welcome to charge their phones at the family home.
The campsite at Ridge Top Farm has a campfire area which is a great place to relax with a glass of wine and a bag of marshmallows at the end of the day. It is dependent on the time of year and conditions though, and at certain times of the year will be unavailable due too higher than normal fire risk.
All meals will be prepared from local or homegrown produce. Whatever the season, your well-deserved meals will be memorable. We happily accommodate any dietary requests advised on booking.
Two Day Walk Package Includes (per person);
- 2 x two course evening meals, delivered to the campsite for you to finish of on the BBQ
- 1 x pre-dinner nibbles - night two, after 10.5km walk
- 2 x packed lunch (day 1, take on walk, day 2 take with you to enjoy on way home)
- 2 x continental breakfasts
One Day Walk Package Includes (per person);
- 1 x packed lunch per person