Accomodation & Meals
Over the two or three days, you will stay at:
- Ridge Top Farm Glamping Site (2 day package)
- Mangapipi Farmhouse (day 3 of 3 day package)
Each accommodation has:
- Comfortable queen and single beds, each with pillows and all linen & towels
- Shared bathroom facilities (including 1 shower, 1 flushing toilet and outdoor baths)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Tea and coffee
Accommodation for the two nights is at the Ridge Top Farm Glamping site. The country-themed campsite is nestled into a sheltered spot, right next to a pretty wetland with regenerating native bush.
Ridge Top Farm is completely off-the-grid, so has no electric power source. Energy for hot water and cooking is supplied via LPG gas bottles. Solar power provides the lighting along with battery powered torches. A metro Fireplace keeps the covered kitchen area warm. Cooking is done on BBQ and gas rings.
Mangapipi Farmhouse Accommodation
Accommodation for the third night on the 3 day/night package is at the beautiful 'Mangapipi Farmhouse'. This spacious newly decorated four bedroom farm house (on-the-grid) has spectacular views over the surrounding countryside, taking in the Ruahine Ranges and Mount Ruapehu. Fully equipped kitchen, indoor fireplace and BBQ facilities.
All meals will be prepared from local or homegrown produce. Whatever the season, your well-deserved meals will be memorable. We happily accommodate any dietary requests advised on booking.
Two Day Walk Package Includes (per person);
- 2 x two course evening meals, delivered to the campsite for you to finish of on the BBQ
- 1 x packed lunch
- 1 x substantial morning tea to take with you on your departure after Day 2 Walk
- 2 x continental breakfasts and farm eggs
Three Day Walk Package Includes (per person);
- 3 x two course evening meals, delivered to the campsite for you to finish of on the BBQ
- 3 x packed lunch
- 3 x continental breakfasts and farm eggs
One Day Walk Package Includes (per person);
- 1 x packed lunch per person